CHOCOLATE COVERED CARAMEL PRETZELS
For the Caramel
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
For the Dipping Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- Optional: Flaky Sea Salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out about 20 pretzel twists on the sheet.
- In a saucepan (don’t turn the heat on yet), combine maple syrup, almond butter, and coconut oil.
- Turn the heat on medium-high and begin to stir. As the caramel heats up it will start to bubble. Make sure you continue to stir—the caramel will form pretty quickly.
- Once the caramel is done, spoon about 1/2-1 tsp of caramel onto each pretzel (you want to make sure that you fill the entire pretzel with caramel. If you have leftover caramel, lay out more pretzels or add more caramel to the existing pretzels.
- Take another pretzel twist and sandwich it on top of each caramel-pretzel duo. Each pretzel should now be topped with caramel and another pretzel twist.
- Put the pretzels in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the coconut oil and chocolate chips. Heat at 30 second intervals in the microwave until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Cover each caramel pretzel completely with melted chocolate and place back on your baking sheet.
- Freeze for another 30 minutes, top with flaky sea salt (optional), and enjoy!