BLACK LENTIL "HUMMUS"
Cauliflower Pretzel Twists
- 2 Cups cooked Black Lentils
- 3 cups cooking Water (Vegetable Broth)
- 3 Cloves Black Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Black Tahini
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Coriander
- Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- Cook black lentils in water or vegetable broth until they’re the consistency that you like. Don’t drain all the water, and let cool until they’re handleable. If you want them more smooth, cook longer (Note: Black lentils hold their consistency more than other lentils).
- In a food processor, blend together: two cups of the cooked lentils and a little reserved cooking water, black garlic, black tahini, cumin, coriander, a squeeze of lemon, and salt to taste.
- Stream in olive oil until desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with spring onions, olive oil, pine nuts, a few whole cooked lentils, or add jalapeños for extra heat.
- Serve with Cauliflower Pretzel Twists